Rather than a New Year resolution, I’m making this my to do list for 2016. Some are one and done projects, others are long term commitments. All are feasible.
- Decor…It’s time to freshen up some of the pieces and vignettes in my home. I’ve had a piece of furniture that for years I’ve thought of changing with paint and a stone top. Instead of considering it, I’ll do it. I’m using this photo from Victoria Hagen as inspiration not only for the furniture color but for rearranging some of the pieces around my house.
- Skin…I’d like to focus attention on my neck, chest and arms. I’ll need to look into the options to deal with sun damage and tone. I’m not sure what is tried and true, but it’s time to give something a try.
- Travel…I would love to get a trip on the books for 2016, preferably someplace new. I would love for it to be a family trip, but not sure if that’s in the cards.
- Flowers…I’d like to get in the habit of having fresh blooms in some key places in the house. Between my yard and the bounty of flowers available at the market, this should be easy and I just need to commit to doing it.
- Food…We eat a lot of salad and I often prefer it as my entire meal. I’m going to delve into various recipes for ideas on keeping things interesting. This shrimp and avocado salad looks like a good place to start.
- Fitness…I like to mix things up in my work out so I don’t fall into a rut. I added a walk/run at the end of 2015 and just that little change made a difference. I’m not sure exactly what I would like to try or where I would fit it in since I already have my mornings full. Maybe I’ll focus on weekend activities with my husband like a canyon hike or bike ride.
Happy New Year to everyone and best wishes for a fantastic 2016!