I’m re-running this post of a favorite recipe I made this weekend. It’s satisfying, super easy to make and fits right in with my January detox.
Earlier this year, a friend introduced me to this soup recipe from Gwyneth Paltrow’s “It’s All Easy” cookbook. It’s literally just a few ingredients, that I usually have on hand, and it takes no time at all to prepare. I’ve been making once or twice a month and serve it both hot or cold. It’s a winner either way.
Zucchini and Leek Soup from It’s All Easy
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 large leeks, trimmed, cleaned and sliced thin
- 3 large cloves of garlic, chopped (optional)
- 4 medium zucchinis, sliced and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt
- pinch of chili flakes
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and leeks over medium heat and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the garlic, zucchini, salt, and chili flakes, cover the pan, and steam over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is just tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a high-powered blender with 2 cups of water and blend until very smooth. Taste for seasoning and serve hot or cold.
- Garnish with very thinly sliced zucchini to add texture.
Source: Photo: Ditte Isager / It’s All Easy