I find so many things I’d like to include on A Note on Style, but they don’t necessarily warrant a full post. They’re more like snippets I’d like to share from pages I’ve bookmarked and Instagram collections I’ve curated. And there are a lot of them! So, I’m introducing a weekly series called Noted – brief tidbits of what interested me over the week – all with links to sites for further reading. Today’s post is the first in this format that I’ll continue every Saturday with relaxed weekend reading in mind. I hope you enjoy and would love to hear your thoughts on the series.
1. An apartment in Paris by decorator Mathias Kiss mixes finds from David Hicks, flea markets and antique shops creating a space that is collected and unique. The dark, moody vibe reflects an inclination to nest and stay home often felt in January.
2. Mindful eating replaces holiday indulgences this month. This recipe for Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Halibut looks superb.
3. Saoirse Ronan is stunning in the February ’19 issue of Harper’s Bazaar UK. She’s interviewed about her role in the movie Mary Queen of Scots, British monarchs, and Irish borders for the magazine with the “Spirit of Great Britain” as the theme for the month. Have you seen the film?
4. The V&A prepares for the opening of an expansive Dior exhibition next month. I’d love to see it and explore the history and impact of the House of Dior over the last 70+ years. It looks magnificent!
5. The aged pink facade on Jason Basmajian’s retreat outside Paris is so inviting and exudes country charm. Take a look at the interiors outfitted with Belgian influenced colors, Moroccan carpets and modern accents. Be ready for a little wanderlust.