From juicing and meditating to inspiring garden and interior design, these are the things on my radar this week.
1. I often talk about my love for interiors that feel collected, welcoming and lived in. A home in La Jolla, California designed by Chris Barrett captures that spirit influenced by its stunning coastal location. Light filled with expansive windows to capture the view, it’s an inviting home that feels comfortable and at ease in accommodating family and friends. ~ Photography: Karyn Millet
2. One of my intentions for the year is to start my day off with mediation. It’s challenging for me to contain my thoughts and focus on the process, plus I’m not even sure how to actually do it. The Headspace app makes the process simple and strait-forward with a daily guided process. I set a notification for the same time every morning as a reminder, then follow along with the calming voice of the narrator. If you’ve had trouble meditating in the past, I recommend checking it out.
3. My neighbor gave me a few staghorn ferns and they’ve remained in pots for the last couple of years. A friend suggested I attach them to a board and hang on an empty wall I have in my garden. I couldn’t quite visualize how cool it would look until I saw this image in the Instagram feed of Scott Shrader. Pretty fabulous, right? I’m a huge fan of Shrader’s work and have possibly saved an image from every one of his projects. They are all so good. ~ photo: @scott_shrader
4. My uniform lately consists of jeans, sweater, sneakers and a scarf. Instead of a jacket, the scarf is enough to keep me warm. Make it oversized, soft and cozy and it’s likely to be worn on repeat. That’s the case with this beautiful blue Acne Studios scarf gifted from Net-A-Porter. It’s easy to toss on and incredibly warm. Now, I see why the Canada scarf is such a popular staple in the Acne Studios line.
5. Are you part of the celery juice craze? Over the last year, I’ve read about the health benefits but with minimal interest in implementing it into my diet. With the new year and wellness resolutions, it suddenly seems as if celery juice is all everyone is talking about. I’m intrigued but not necessarily convinced I want to introduce the jarring noise of a blender right when I wake up. ~ The Medical Medium