I’m back with my weekly series covering the current things on my radar. Read on for the binge-watching series I just finished, a food delivery service that’s bringing joy back to cooking and the latest product I’m adding to my skin care regime. And take a house tour through a collected home in Texas that serves as gallery to sell vintage treasures.
1. I’m still thinking about the stunning display of volume and color from the SS19 Valentino Haute Couture show. The brilliant fuscia, ruffled gown worn by Liya Kebede speaks to the detailed workmanship and fantasy of haute couture. It’s simply breathtaking. If you haven’t already seen the collection, take a look. It’s fabulous.
2. I’m pretty settled on my skin care routine, but I always keep my eye open for new treatments to layer in. Cayli Cavaco Reck from Knockout Beauty threw praise at Glo-Pulse (masks and accompanying device) when I saw her at a wellness event earlier this year. A few women in attendance also swore by its ability to tighten sagging skin. I bought in and when I return home next week from traveling, I’ll begin using it and report back on my personal results.
3. When my husband and I sit down to watch TV, it’s often a crime or political drama often shot on location in Europe and the UK. BBC and Netflix have a particularly good track record for producing some of our favorite shows. The latest we just finished watching is Killing Eve. Sandra Oh is brilliant as a bored MI5 security employee as she becomes obsessed with understanding and tracking down a highly skilled female assassin. The entire cast is fantastic. Season two airs April 7th.
4. We’re semi empty nesters so preparing something besides a salad for dinner doesn’t generally excite me. That changed when I started using Sun Basket’s food delivery service. It’s healthy, clean, organic and best of all, very user-friendly. You select the type of diet (vegetarian, paleo, vegan, etc.), quantity of people served, and frequency of meals, then pick from their weekly menu selection. The ingredients, in exact quantities with recipes, are delivered on Monday to make as desired throughout the week. We haven’t been disappointed once with the flavor of anything we’ve tasted. We also love the controlled portion of each serving size which prevents seconds or overeating. I made the easy to prepare walnut-mushroom flatbread with apricots and lemon-tahini dressing (above) last week and it was amazing. (photo via Sun Basket)
5. If you’re a fan of collected interiors, you’ll love browsing through the photos of Courtney Madden’s Texas home on Chairish. With an eye for vintage treasures, Courtney scours antique shops, flea markets and second-hand stores bringing home pieces to display in her gallery like space and sell via Cocollected, an online shop. She scored the above George Nelson brass lamp for six dollars at a local Goodwill. And that’s just the beginning. Other finds include a Brutalist chandelier, Ligne Roset Togo chair and Nemadji pottery Courtney mixes with antiques from other eras with abandon. (photo by Sarah Natsumi Moore).