The week flew by and I’m still playing catch up since returning home from Hawaii on Monday. I saved a few things over the week for this Saturday’s Noted series including a family home with loads of personal style, details on a simple outfit I recently wore, and a pair of heeled sandals that get five stars for comfort in my book. And, if traveling to Amsterdam in 2019, there are several must see Rembrandt exhibitions running throughout the year at the Rijksmuseum. Lastly, I’m sharing an article on stress and burnout pertaining to millennials which I also found applicable to my menopausal mindset. I’d love to hear your thoughts on it if you have a chance to read it.
1. A home reflecting the owner’s personality always gets high marks from me. It’s far more interesting to study and I love the story that unfolds from collected pieces with history and meaning. The North Carolina home of Brooklyn Decker and Andy Roddick nestled on four acres in the mountains is just that. Described as “elevated rustic”, the barn-like residence featured in Architectural Digest, was constructed from regionally sourced granite and reclaimed wood then furnished with Decker’s finds from 1st Dibs and local antique shops. The result is a welcoming, relaxed family home that feels personal, lived in and loved. Photo by @annanaphtali
2. I read this article last month when it first came out and it stuck with me. The author gets to the root and cause of burnout, specifically amongst millennials. From difficulty in completing simple mundane tasks like mailing a letter, to “errand paralysis” – a never finished constantly rolling to-do list – the article takes a stab at identifying the outside factors influencing this behavior. But, what I found most interesting is the familiarity of these tendencies within my own (menopausal) age group. It’s an insightful read and I’d love to hear your thoughts on it.
3. I’m very picky when it comes to wearing heels. They have to be comfortable from the get go. Recently, I wanted a pretty, heeled sandal to pair with several dresses that I could walk and stand in for long periods of time. Not an easy task, but found! Michael Kors Simone fits the bill. I bought a pair in black (worn here) and they passed the test with several hours of comfort. I just ordered the nude too. They’ll be good to have on hand, and they’re a steal at under $100.
4. I posted this pic on Instagram last week when I was in Hawaii, and got so many inquiries on the specifics. The jeans are AG, the top is Xirena, Gucci belt is tan, and Tkees are in sand. The shell necklace I wore throughout the week is one of my favorites by Tohum. All available online now.
5. The Rijksmuseum is marking the 350th anniversary of Rembrandt’s death with ‘Year of Rembrandt’ a number of exhibitions and special events celebrating Rembrandt’s vast work. So, lucky you if your headed to Amsterdam this year. It kicks off with ‘All the Rembrandts’, presenting for the first time an exhibition of all the paintings, drawings and prints in the Rijksmuseum collection followed by the restoration of The Night Watch. The Rijksmuseum is one of my favorites in the world not only for its collection of works but for the architecture and design of the space itself.