I braved the big stores today. It wasn’t the most brilliant decision but I needed to pick a few things up. The experience reminded me of why I enjoy online shopping so much. Relaxing at home with a cup of tea, my favorite music playing, a warm candle and family coming and going for starters. Couple that with the ability to zero in on exactly what I’m looking for, gift guide suggestions and free shipping and it’s a wonder I ever shop in person anymore. And if I’m sending gifts to family or friends around the country, it’s so easy and convenient to do it directly from the vendor with gift wrapping and return receipts included. No need to waste time standing in line at the post office or a shipping store these days.
That being said, I still thoroughly enjoy shopping small boutiques. The good ones draw me in with beautifully merchandised vignettes and thoughtfully curated product selection. Top that with the intangible of personal experience and excellent customer service and I’m all in. When a boutique is done well, I’m able to relive the glory days of shopping where I linger, taking in every detail and finding inspiration at every turn.
So, these last few days before Christmas I’ll be shopping at local boutiques and then retreating back to the comfort of home for last-minute finds online. General shipping deadlines below, but several stores* are offering free expedited shipping for the next few days.
- Shipping Deadlines
Dec 19: Last Day to Ship UPS 3 Day Select packages for delivery on Tuesday 12/24 Dec 20: Last Day to Ship via UPS 2nd Day Air
- Dec 23: Last Day to Ship via UPS Next Day Air
- *Nordstrom: Order by 12/22 with free delivery for 12/24.
- *Bloomingdales: Order by 12/21 with free delivery for 12/24.
- *Neiman Marcus: Order by 12/21 with free delivery for 12/24 using code NMQUICK.
- *Bergdorf Goodman: Order by 12/21 for free two-day shipping with code BGRUSH.
- *Saks Fifth Avenue: Order by 12/21 for free two-day shipping with code FREESHIP.