© Tommy Ton
Collecting the classics as a base for a wardrobe is key to building any stylish closet. Once these pieces are at your disposal, the options are endless in ways to make them your own.
Case in point, the women in the above photo, shot my Tommy Tom in Paris, wear pieces I would consider essential to a complete closet. A black leather jacket, a classic trench, faded blue and white jeans, chambray and white shirts, a timeless luxury handbag, an easy cardigan, and oversized frames can be worn over and over, made personal in styling choices and updated every season.
What I like best is how the women above actually wear these pieces and made them their own…casually tossed-on, relaxed, mixed together and a bit undone. Chic!
3. BURBERRY Trench – for over 100 years, this is THE trench.
4. MiH White Jeans – or any brand, slim, not too skinny, wear year round.
5. JIL SANDER White Shirt – just essential and classic.
6. EQUIPMENT Cashmere Cardigan – a wear with everything piece.
8. CHANEL 2.55 Bag – never goes out of style, always looks chic dressed up or down.
10. CURRENT/ELLIOTT Jeans – gently faded with a relaxed fit.