Bottega Veneta, under the creative direction of Céline alum Daniel Lee, certainly had everyone’s attention and for good reason. Taking the storied house into a new era, Lee’s AW 19 runway debut was full of covetable pieces, including bags with a new twist on the iconic intrecciato weave. Think supersized – with a look that felt more like quilting. There was plenty of that too, in wrap skirts and coats, and a very cool new pump. Fresh, sophisticated details made the collection stand out as the new Bottega. Matte gold chains, oversized rings and modern hardware created an elegance that felt current. Pops of unexpected color in striking hues played beautifully against black, brown and ivory. It’s easy to see why many in the fashion crowd have crowned the collection the new Céline. Details on favorites below.
1. Bags: Woven, supersized intrecciato in several styles, a looped leather clutch in a sophisticated teal, and a classic box bag with modern hardware.
2. Matte gold chain accents on shoes and clothing.
3. Textured knee length coats.
4. Slim silhouettes in dark neutrals popped with colorful bags and shoes.
5. Quilted everything and the new must have shoulder bag.
6. Buttonless, wrap coats with quiet attention to the waistline.