In a season where looks and trends are all over the place, I turn to Lisa Armstrong, whose edits I always agree with, for a summary of the fall season and the not to miss hits as seen in the September ’14 issue of HARPER’S BAZAAR.
In a nutshell, here are a few things she advises we should pay attention to…
1. Length…it’s up you and what’s most flattering as long as there’s movement in the way of pleats, bias-cuts, A-lines or ruffled hems.
2. Flats…brogues, boots, sneakers…they work with everything…or…
3. Boots…try the new block-heeled, round toe tall boot.
4. Coats…short or long, fitted or swingy, leather or shearling…one isn’t enough. They’ve become collectible “it” items in solids, textures and patterns.
5. Pants…the key is the higher waist and the looser silhouette. The length varies from floor sweeping flares to the extremely versatile cropped full leg.
This just simplified my fall shopping.