I wasn’t going to write a gift guide this season, but the question of what to get college age kids kept popping up in conversations. So, I asked a few of my friends with kids in their early twenties to share some of the items on their gift list.
The responses had a common thread of relaxed clothing, particularly slim sweatpants for the guys and leggings for the girls. They also like soft beanies, pullovers, slip on scuffs and patterned socks that go from dorm lounging to class. Gear and tech items include a bluetooth waterproof speaker, the popular Yeti stainless water bottle, and a smartphone gimbal for shooting video. Guys grooming products from local favorite Byrd and beauty tools, such as the Aquis hair towel and Silkslip sleep mask also made the cut. Apple AirPods were on everyone’s list.
If you’re shopping for someone in this age bracket, there is likely an item or two in this guide that would please them.
4. Hoffman Supply Co. modern signet ring $100
8. Byrd Bath 3-Pack $54, another favorite SoCal based brand
10. J. Crew Slim fleece sweatpants $70
11. Leatherman Signal Multitool $110
12. Shinola watch $650
15. Handheld Smartphone Gimbal $119
16. Apple AirPods $185
2. Aquis hair towel $30
5. g2g Designs gold beaded bracelets $45 and up
11. Apple AirPods $185
17. Alo Norte Faux Fur Coat $210
Source: photo via Unsplash