WHAT TO PACK…
My in flight uniform has been narrowed down to a few essentials that can be varied depending on destination and time of year I’m traveling. Aside from the basics of a loose-fitting t-shirt and comfortable, soft jeans, I set aside the following items to either wear or pack in my carry-on tote: a lightweight scarf, a cashmere wrap, a packable jacket, and a crushable hat. Sneakers or easy pull-on boots make the cut too. For my recent trip to the UK, I worked these pieces into my inflight outfit…nothing special, but all served a purpose. Not only did they keep me comfortable on the flight, they individually got infinite usage throughout my trip.
- Comfortable t-shirt that fits loose and wears well. Stripes look more pulled together than a solid and hide any spills.
- Crushable hat – a savior after a long 10+ hour flight. I carry them with me throughout my travels and fold one into my handbag everyday.
- Lightweight scarf – I always like to have a number of lightweight patterned and colorful scarves on trips. They keep basic outfits fresh and can be worn endless ways. Plus they take up minimal space in a suitcase.
- Packable jacket – I always have a jacket with me and prefer ones that can be stuffed in a carry-on tote. I broke away from black and went with navy this time around. I packed a black jacket too for variety.
- Comfortable jeans – these made the cut for their softness, higher rise (comfort!), and versatility to wear cuffed or long.
- Cashmere wrap – my in-flight must. Keeps me cozy and warm on a chilly plane or air-conditioned restaurants and hotels.
- Sneakers – I went with black and always choose comfort over the latest style.