From the archives.
I find traveling to be less stressful when I’m organized and efficient with what I pack. As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I’m usually all carry-on, so every item is well considered. If you’re looking for a last minute gift or stocking stuffer for a friend or relative that travels frequently, any of the above items would be greatly appreciated. With most of these tossed in my tote, I know I’ll be comfortable, prepared and have enough diversions to kill the time on a long flight.
1. Audible subscription: For the last couple of years, I’ve enjoyed almost all my books on Audible. I started by listening to novels while walking my dog at home, and now make sure my iphone and ipad are downloaded with my latest reads for traveling too. If I feel like reading instead of listening, I have the book on my Kindle App on my ipad which features whisper-sync. Wherever I leave off, either listening or reading, it is automatically synced to that page on whichever device I choose to pick up and continue the book. Brilliant.
2. Mesh Pouches: I keep chargers, cords, and loose ends organized in colorful mesh pouches I can spot easily in a large bag.
3. Magic Balm: The wonder product from Honest Beauty that solves a host of issues on flights. I apply it to chapped lips, dry cuticles, and chaffed skin under my nose. It’s super emollient but not greasy and comes in a lightweight acrylic compact. Oh, and it’s free of parabens, gluten, silicones, and synthetic fragrance.
4. Cashmere Travel Scarf: My favorite scarf for the last few years. It’s generously sized, also works as a wrap, and is supremely soft. The heft of the knit texture feels much more cosy than a weave and stays put once it’s knotted. I have several colors simply because I wear them so often even when not traveling.
5. Texture Magazine App: I always download the latest issue of my favorite magazines on Texture before a flight. Paying a flat monthly subscription fee, I can read most of the magazines I previously subscribed to by mail and branch out to other titles that might interest me at a particular moment. No more lugging around heavy magazines in my tote.
6. A Forever Tote: This is not my tote, but I sure like it. An essential carry-on that meets my requirements – must have a double zipper closure, a shoulder strap and handles, and be light weight. This striking Gucci bag fits all those needs perfectly.
7. Clear TSA Approved Carry-on Quart Bag: The quart zip lock bags from the market are fine, but I stumbled across these and think they are much better. The flat bottom shape allows greater storage capacity for small bottles and odd shaped liquid containers. Plus they’re sturdy, re-usable, and won’t rip or tear.
8. Cashmere Arm Warmers: I’m always cold on planes, so these arm warmers definitely come in handy. Gloves can be a bit too much and restrict access to gadgets and remotes but with these, I stay toasty and still have full use of my fingers for ipad swiping or drink sipping.
9. Cashmere Eye Mask: If I can block out the light on a plane, I can sleep. I’ve tried other eye masks, but these are so nice to put on. Soft cashmere lined in silk, they are comfortable as well as practical.
10. Quiet Comfort Ear Buds: New from Bose, the genius of noise cancelling “Quiet Comfort” in an ear bud. No more bulky headphones. Easily switch between noise cancelling to Aware mode with the comfort of Bose’s StayHear+ ear tips. My son received a pair for his birthday and loves them. The new wireless version looks very appealing.
11. Leather Passport Case: In recent years, I’ve preferred the privacy of having a passport cover. This one is not only attractive, but doubles as a wallet, keeps cards organized and is RFID secure.
What a superb list for gifts (and self)! Thank you.
What a perfect list!
Love ALL the Honest Products : )
Love the list! Really similar to my travel essentials! Great minds think alike. Hope you and the family had a beautiful Christmas ❤️
Thanks Ann. Yes, we did! Hope you enjoyed the holidays as well.
The TSA quart bags are great! Because of their shape, they hold more than a zip lock bag.